These cookies are delightfully soft and chewy in the middle, with a crispy outside and rich golden colour. They are the perfect accompaniment to a turmeric matcha latte!
Makes 12 cookies
- 1 mashed banana
- 1 tbsp Zen Turmeric Matcha Tea Mix
- 3 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1 cup oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup cranberries
- 1 inch knob fresh ginger, grated
- ½ cup ground almonds
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 195 degrees celsius. Line a baking tray with a parchment paper.
- Pour the melted coconut oil into a bowl, and add the mashed banana, maple syrup, almond butter, ground ginger, Zen Turmeric Mix and baking powder. Mix all the ingredients together.
- Then add the ground almonds, oats, seeds, cranberries, cinnamon, grated ginger, desiccated coconut and sea salt to the mixture, and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 12 balls, and pop each on the lined baking paper. Flatten the top of the cookies with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the cookies are golden brown.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet, and then pop to a plate.
- Enjoy with a mug of turmeric latte – perfect!
Note: This recipe uses Zen Green Tea’s Turmeric Matcha Mix which is a handcrafted blend containing turmeric, green tea powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and a hint of black pepper. We recommend using this mix because the ingredients are high quality and blended with the right balance of black pepper which increases the absorption of turmeric antioxidant by up to 2000%.
For some other recipes for turmeric & matcha inspired recipes, you might like:
It is very important that you buy from a high quality source. Our blend serves over 54 cups of Turmeric Matcha tea and can also be used to make golden Turmeric Matcha lattes!