This turmeric tea with raw honey is so much more than just a standard cup of tea. It’s wonderfully warm in colour, perfectly spiced, full of health benefits AND so easy to make with our Turmeric Tea Mix! Plus, the raw honey adds a bit of sweetness, and the cinnamon adds little bit of spice. Delish.
Makes 1 mug
For the tea:
- 1 cup of water
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp Zen Turmeric Matcha Tea Mix
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- A slice of lemon
- Heat the water in a pan, and bring to the boil.
- Take off the heat, and add the turmeric tea mix, ginger, pepper, and honey. Give it a good whisk.
- Pour into a mug.
- Serve with a slice of lemon on top.
Note: This recipe uses Zen Green Tea’s Turmeric Matcha Mix which is a handcrafted blend containing turmeric, green tea powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and a hint of black pepper. We recommend using this mix because the ingredients are high quality, and blended with the right balance of black pepper. And black pepper is important as it increases the absorption of turmeric’s antioxidant by up to 2000%.