A no-cheese cheesecake! The avocados makes it a super creamy matcha green tea “cheesecake”, and the dusting of matcha on top adds to the vibrant green colour. The perfect accompaniment to a matcha latte… mmm!
For the base:
- ½ cup pistachios (or almonds if you’d prefer)
- 3 pitted medium-sized dates
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- ½ tsp cinnamon
For the filling:
- 2 avocados
- ¼ cup cashews (previously soaked in water for 2-3 hours, then rinsed and drained)
- 2 ½ tsp Zen green tea matcha powder
- 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- ¼ cup full-fat coconut milk
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
You will need a 4-inch round tin, lined with parchment paper.
- Start by making the base. Mix all these ingredients in a blender, until it reaches fine crumbs.
- Pour into the tin, press firmly, and pop in the refrigerator.
- For the filling: Scoop the flesh out of the avocados, and add to a blender with all the ingredients, except the coconut oil.
- Blend until it reaches a smooth mixture, then add the coconut oil. Blend for a few more minutes.
- Take out the crust from the fridge, and pour the filling on top. Pop back into the fridge, and chill for 2-3 hours.
- Before serving, lightly dust with Zen green tea matcha powder.
Note: It is important you buy the matcha green tea powder from a high quality source so you receive the full health benefits and also so the flavour is not bitter. Low quality matcha can be very bitter. You can buy Zen Green Tea premium, organic, Japanese matcha green tea powder for the best price in Australia here.
Looking for some more easy no-bake matcha recipes? Try some of these:
Buy Matcha Green Tea PowderVisit Shop
or 4 payments of $7.25 with Afterpay
or 4 payments of $18.50 with Afterpay
or 4 payments of $33.50 with Afterpay