A magical no-bake cheesecake, suitable for vegans too! The creamy coconut and cashew filling is cut through by the slightly sour passionfruit – and the turmeric enhances the colour and adds a little spice too.
For the base
- 1 ¼ cups almonds
- ¾ cup dates
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp chopped almonds
- 1 tbsp passionfruit seeds
For the filling
- 2 ½ cups cashews (soaked for at least 3 hours, drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 2 cups of passionfruit pulp (this is roughly 10 passionfruits)
- 2 tsp Zen Turmeric Matcha Tea Mix
- For the base, roughly mix the almonds with the coconut in a blender. It’s nice to not blend too much, as the texture should be chunky.
- Keep blending and add the dates one by one.
- Add all the other ingredients for the base and mix until it forms a sticky mix.
- Put the baking paper in the cheesecake tin and pour the base in. Press down until firm, and pop in the freezer.
- For the filling, add all ingredients, except the passionfruit and turmeric, into the blender. Blend until it’s smooth and creamy.
- Stir in the turmeric and passionfruit pulp.
- Take the base out of the freezer, and pour in the creamy filling on top. Top the cake with chopped almonds and passionfruit.
- Pop in the freezer for ideally 7-8 hours – then it’s ready to serve!
Note: This recipe uses Zen Green Tea’s Turmeric Matcha Mix which is a handcrafted blend containing turmeric, green tea powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and a hint of black pepper. We recommend using this mix because the ingredients are high quality and blended with the right balance of black pepper which increases the absorption of turmeric antioxidant by up to 2000%.
For some other recipes for turmeric & matcha inspired recipes, you might like:
It is very important that you buy from a high quality source. Our blend serves over 54 cups of Turmeric Matcha tea and can also be used to make golden Turmeric Matcha lattes!