Spice up your breakfast, with these earthy and gorgeous fluffy, easy-to-make Turmeric Matcha Green Tea pancakes. Turmeric and matcha green tea are both antioxidant powerhouses which help protect your health. Serve warm with banana, maple syrup and chopped walnuts on top.
Makes 5-7 pancakes
For the pancakes:
- 1 1/4 (200 g) cup self-raising flour (or flour of choice- oat, gluten free, coconut, rice)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp Turmeric Matcha Tea Mix
- 200ml milk of choice (dairy, soy, coconut, almond)
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 tbsp melted butter (or coconut oil), plus extra for frying
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 banana sliced
- ¼ cup walnuts chopped
- Mix all the pancake ingredients together in a mixing bowl, and whisk until smooth.
- Heat the butter (or coconut oil) in a large non-stick frying pan.
- Add 2 tbsp pancake batter to the pan, and form into a circle to make each pancake.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on one side, and then flip with a spatula. Cook for a further minute, until golden and cooked through.
- Transfer to a warm plate while you continue cooking the rest of the batter.
- Stack the pancakes up with the maple syrup, sliced banana and chopped walnuts.
Note: This recipe uses Zen Green Tea’s Turmeric Matcha Mix which is a handcrafted blend containing turmeric, green tea powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and a hint of black pepper. We recommend using this mix because the ingredients are high quality and blended with the right balance of black pepper which increases the absorption of turmeric antioxidant by up to 2000%.
Want more Turmeric Matcha Green Tea recipes? Check out: