Matcha Truffle Recipe
These little gems take only a few minutes of prep time, some cooling down time in the fridge, then a few more minutes to shape the chocolate into balls. Wrapped up in a pretty box, they make beautiful gifts for friends. Makes about 50 truffles.
- 225 grams of heavy cream
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Zen Green Tea Matcha, plus another tablespoon for dusting
- 340 grams bittersweet chocolate, chopped finely
- Pinch of Matcha Salt or kosher salt
- Bring cream to a simmer in a small saucepan over gentle heat, add the maple syrup and brown sugar, and stir until dissolved, about 2 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon of matcha, stir until dissolved, and set aside.
- Place the chocolate in a large mixing bowl and pour in the cream mixture. Mix thoroughly, and pour into a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Smooth it out with a rubber spatula. Cool in the refrigerator for about an hour.
- Using a spoon, scoop out a heaping teaspoon, and make a ball using the palms of your hands. Repeat until all the chocolate is used –you should wind up with about 50 truffles. Line them up on a tray or plate, and dust them with the additional matcha, using a fine sieve. Top with a very light sprinkling of matcha.
“I cannot express enough how amazed I was after I made these desserts! I took them to my grandmothers birthday party last week and everyone was raving about them. Would definitely recommend trying this recipe!” – Becky Davies
Buy Matcha Green Tea PowderVisit Shop
or 4 payments of $6.13 with Afterpay
or 4 payments of $16.00 with Afterpay
or 4 payments of $30.00 with Afterpay