We’ve recently partnered with Dani Valent and we’re so excited that she’s shared her delicious Matcha Smoothie Bowl recipe with us. To see the full video recipe demonstration go to danivalent.com.
We love this Matcha Smoothie Bowl, with the goodness of oats, ginger, almonds and chia seeds and a green boost from spinach and matcha. As Dani is the Thermomix queen, this recipe is made in the Thermomix but you can also use a normal blender.
A couple of tips about this recipe: in hot weather, add a handful of ice cubes. If you want to give it a little extra kick, add some chill powder. And when you’re in a rush, or know you won’t have time to stop for lunch, take a jar of this good stuff to eat later.
Time: 10 minutes + 10 minutes soaking time
- 50g almonds
- 80g oats
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 400g warm water
- 60g baby spinach
- 1 frozen banana, roughly chopped
- Half a kiwi, peeled
- 1 Medjool date, pitted
- 2 tsp matcha powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cm fresh ginger, sliced
- 1⁄2 kiwifruit, peeled & sliced
- 35g shredded coconut
- 50g berries
- 30g pistachios, chopped
- Soak almond, oats and chia seeds in warm water in a bowl for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to the mixing bowl and add the spinach, banana, kiwi, date, matcha, cinnamon and ginger. Blend in the Thermomix for 1 min 30 sec/speed 10.
- If you want to vary topping, replace spinach with silverbeet or a mixture of greens and mint. Change toppings as desired.
- Pour into serving bowls, sprinkle with toppings and serve.
Note: It is important you buy the matcha green tea powder from a high quality source so you receive the full health benefits and also so the flavour is not bitter. Low quality matcha can be very bitter. You can buy Zen Green Tea premium, Japanese matcha green tea powder for the best price in Australia here.
Buy Matcha Green Tea PowderVisit Shop
or 4 payments of $7.25 with Afterpay
or 4 payments of $18.50 with Afterpay
or 4 payments of $33.50 with Afterpay