Looking for a new way to impress your loved ones over Christmas? Why not make these delicious Matcha White Chocolate Shortbread Cookies! You could even gift them along with a packet of our matcha green tea powder!
Makes 40 cookies.
- 180g butter
- 140g icing sugar
- 240g plain all purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 20g Zen Matcha Green Tea powder
- 40g fine ground almonds
- 60g white chocolate chips (chopped)
- Cookie cutter (if you desire a shaped cookie)
- In a food processor, mix the butter and icing sugar together, until light and creamy.
- Add the salt and egg yolks, and mix well.
- Add the ground almonds. Beat again, until smooth.
- Sift in the flour and matcha green tea powder, and fold gradually to combine everything together.
- Stir in the white chocolate chips.
- Divide the dough into 2 portions.
- Roll each portion into a 4cm-diameter cylinder shape. Wrap each in cling film.
- Sprinkle some rice on a deep tray – enough to cover the tray with about 3mm high of rice. (This stops the cookie logs from setting with a flat bottom) Place the cookie logs on top of the rice, and chill in the fridge overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 165°C.
- Cut the dough into 5mm-thick slices and then if desired use a cookie cutter to form your desired shape. Alternative you can just have square cookies.
- Place the shortbread cookies on a baking sheet, and leave 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the edges turn slightly golden brown.
- Cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes, and then transfer to a cooling wire rack.
- Serve and enjoy! Store in an airtight container.
Note: It is important you buy the matcha green tea powder from a high quality source so you receive the full health benefits and also so the flavour is not bitter. Low quality matcha can be very bitter. You can buy Zen Green Tea premium, Japanese matcha green tea powder for the best price in Australia here.
Buy Matcha Green Tea PowderVisit Shop
or 4 payments of $6.13 with Afterpay
or 4 payments of $16.00 with Afterpay
or 4 payments of $30.00 with Afterpay