Try this delicious matcha green tea powder pancake recipe- packed full of antioxidants!
Ingredients (Makes 16)
- 1 Teaspoon Zen Green Tea matcha green tea powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- Butter, for frying, plus extra, to serve
- Maple syrup/ Blueberry Compote/ Fresh Fruit to serve
- Whisk eggs, milk and vanilla together in a jug. Sift flour and matcha into a large bowl. Stir in sugar. Make a well in the centre. Add milk mixture. Whisk until just combined.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Grease pan with butter or spray with cooking oil. Using 1/4 cup mixture per pancake, cook 2 pancakes for 2 minutes or until bubbles appear on surface. Turn and cook for a further 1-2 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover loosely with foil to keep warm. Repeat with remaining mixture, greasing pan with butter or cooking oil between batches.
- Serve with the toppings and sauce of your choice
NOTE: You can add more matcha to this matcha green tea powder pancake recipe for a brighter green colour or if you like a stronger flavour.
Buy Matcha Green Tea PowderVisit Shop