Matcha green tea powder is being hailed the new health hero for older Australians. It’s often consumed to fight against diseases, such as Alzheimer’s and dementia – it can naturally lower bad cholesterol and blood pressure plus it can help relieve arthritis – and more!
So, why is matcha great for health – and why does it have such incredible health benefits?
Unlike standard green tea, matcha is the whole tea leaf that has been stone ground into a fine powder. Therefore, when you drink matcha, you ingest the whole leaf, not just the brewed water.
Just 1/2 teaspoon of matcha dissolved in hot water is the equivalent of 10 standard cups of green tea bags in terms of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.
This is the highest recorded score for any naturally occurring product on earth, and far exceeds even super foods like goji berries, blue berries and broccoli.
And how can it improve our health?
Medical studies have shown that matcha green tea can naturally prevent and manage a huge number of age related conditions. These health benefits include:
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia: The main antioxidant in matcha green tea powder is EGCG. Studies have shown that EGCG helps counteract memory loss, which is caused by plaque deposits, in people with Alzheimer’s. When you consume matcha, you consume all the antioxidants in the tea leaf – therefore, matcha drinkers consume much higher levels of EGCG.
- Helps relieve arthritis symptoms: Studies have shown that green tea can help reduce inflammation and arthritis pain. This is because of its active ingredient EGCG, which helps prevent certain inflammatory chemicals building in the body. As matcha contains a higher level of EGCG compared to standard green tea bags, it’s a perfect anti-inflammatory drink.
- Helps lower blood pressure: A major cause of hypertension (high blood pressure) is an enzyme secreted by the kidneys called ACE. Studies have shown that green tea aids in inhibiting ACE and as a result helps lower blood pressure in people who drink green tea.
- Helps lower bad cholesterol: Research studies have highlighted that drinking up to 10 cups of green tea a day has a positive impact on your blood cholesterol levels. Green tea helps lower your bad cholesterol (LDL cholesterol) while leaving your good cholesterol (HDL) untouched. As one serving of matcha green tea powder is the equivalent to 10 cups of standard green tea, it is an easy way to achieve this cholesterol-lowering level.
- Supports the immune system: Because of it’s powerful antioxidants, it has anti-inflammatory effects on the immune system. The antioxidants, catechins and L-theanines, help protect against the flu. And what’s more, they inhibit the growth of parasites, curbs infections, clears up free radicals, reduces oxidative damage and protects the kidneys.
Therefore, the more matcha that you drink or use in your food…
The more antioxidants you will be consuming. And this should help protect your body, against many diseases – and hopefully keep you feeling healthy and energized for longer.
Buy Matcha Green Tea PowderVisit Shop
or 4 payments of $6.13 with Afterpay
or 4 payments of $16.00 with Afterpay
or 4 payments of $30.00 with Afterpay