This is one of our all time favourite matcha recipes by Thirsty for Tea.
Strawberry Oat Matcha Muffins
Makes 16 muffins.
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cups sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 2 Tbsp Zen Green Tea matcha, sifted
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cup milk (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 6 oz container of non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, in liquid state
- 1 lb organic strawberries, diced into 1/4″ pieces
- non-stick spray
- sanding sugar, to finish (optional)
- 2 mixing bowls
- mixing spoon
- 2- 12 cavity standard muffin tins
- 16 cupcake liners
- ice cream scoop (optional)
- cooling rack
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Place 8 cupcake liners in each tin, then lightly spray a coating of non-stick spray on them.
2. In one mixing bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients. In another mixing bowl, mix together all the wet ingredients. Slowly mix the wet ingredients into the dry until just mixed through. Gently mix in the diced strawberries. Use a spoon or ice cream scoop to fill the liners until the batter is just shy of the top rim of the liner (pretty much to the top). Sprinkle the tops with sanding sugar for a crunchy muffin crust.
3. Bake the muffins at 200 degrees Celsius for the first 10 minutes, then lower the heat to 80 degrees Celsius for approximately another 12-15 minutes until the tops are very lightly golden and a toothpick comes out clean. When the muffins are cool enough to handle, transfer them to a cooling rack. If you serve the muffins immediately they may tend to stick to the liners. Wait until they cool completely and they should easily release.