In the midst of summer and soon autumn the warm weather is the perfect time to host friends for a party. A simple, easy and beautiful way to impress your guests is setting up a gorgeous iced tea station!
The first thing you need is a glass dispenser. Although these look expensive you can pick up one for as little at $29 at Victoria’s Basement stores (can buy in store or online). We recommend getting a glass dispenser that sits on a base which looks much nicer and allows for easy glass filling.
We placed this dispenser on a table and we bought some beautiful fresh green leaves from our local florist and some lemons from the fruit store. Placing these around the iced tea stand creates a natural and fresh look. For serving glasses we recommend you save glass jars you use and clean them well. Mismatched jars look great, and by tying some brown twine around their rims they carry the same theme and look eclectic.
If you are feeling more creative there are so many fabulous creative things you can do like creating name tags, or entirely wrapping bottles in twine and using for decoration!
We also set up a beautiful wooden board and put our hand made granola bars on it (big hit!). Recipe for these is here: Matcha Granola Bars
The Iced Tea Itself
Now that we’ve covered the decorations it’s time for the delicious iced tea! I’m a big believer in reducing the amount of sugar consumed and one of the best ways to do this is to always try and avoid drinking sugary beverages. The iced tea’s you’d buy in the stores or the syrups are all loaded with sugar and lacking in any health benefits. I much prefer an all natural and healthy iced tea.
Matcha Green Tea with Citrus and Fruit
- 1 tablespoon of Zen Green Tea matcha powder
- 2 lemons
- 2 limes
- 2 apples
- 1 handful Mint
- 8 cups ice
- Slice the lemon and lime into thin circles and add to the dispenser
- Thinly slice the apple and add to the dispenser
- Clap the mint between your hands (opens up the flavour) and add to the dispenser
- Dissolve the matcha powder in a small amount of hot water making sure you remove any clumps. I find the easiest way is to form a paste and then add water little by little. Pour this mixture into a jug of water and mix it around. Pour this into the dispenser.
- Top up the dispenser with water and ice
- Using tongs disperse the fruit in the dispenser
- Make more matcha and add more ice and water as needed throughout the day
Note: The matcha is a naturally sweet non bitter green tea and has 137 times the antioxidants of standard green tea! Matcha is the whole green tea leaf stone ground into a powder so it’s flavour cannot be replaced by using tea bags which are often bitter. When matcha is mixed with the sweetness of the apple and citrus from the lemon and lime it makes a very refreshing iced tea!
Buy Matcha Green Tea PowderVisit Shop
or 4 payments of $7.25 with Afterpay
or 4 payments of $18.50 with Afterpay
or 4 payments of $33.50 with Afterpay