Matcha green tea powder is fast becoming know for it’s stress combating properties. Stress can wreak havoc on your health and well-being with studies showing that stress:
- Increases blood pressure
- Suppresses digestion (aiding in weight gain)
- Contributes to auto-immune disease and weakens the immune system
Matcha contains incredibly high levels of the amino acid L-theanine which has been shown in many scientific studies to:
- Reduce stress
- Enhance your mood
- Assist with sleep
The L-theanine in matcha works in three ways to reduce stress:
- L-theanine is an amino acid which can cross the blood- brain barrier and therefore access the central nervous system which controls stress hormones
- L-theanine helps to reduce the reaction of the nervous system to stresses by blocking certain receptors. This helps to control and reduce the bodies stress response
- L-theanine has been shown to help increase the levels of Dopamine, Serotonin, GABA and Gycine levels in the brain which help boost mood, and aid in sleep. Dopamine and Serotonin are two chemical which are known as the “happiness” chemicals. Often people who are suffering depression have low levels of Serotonin so matcha provides a good tool in helping replenish and increase these levels.
or 4 payments of $16.00 with Afterpay
or 4 payments of $6.13 with Afterpay
or 4 payments of $30.00 with Afterpay
- L-Theanine reduces psychological and physiological stress responses. Kimura K1, Ozeki M, Juneja LR, Ohira H. ttp://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16930802
- “The Neuropharmacology of L-Theanine(N-Ethyl-L-Glutamine ” Nathan, Pradeep; Lu, Kristy; Gray, M.; Oliver, C. (2006).
- Wakabayashi C, Numakawa T, Ninomiya M, Chiba S, Kunugi H (2012). “Behavioral and molecular evidence for psychotropic effects in L-theanine”.
- Yokogoshi H, Kobayashi M, Mochizuki M, Terashima T (1998). “Effect of theanine, r-glutamylethylamide, on brain monoamines and striatal dopamine release”