Matcha pesto is a delicious type of pesto which you can add to pasta, pizza, sandwiches – or even drizzle over fish or meat. The matcha not only enhances the wonderful green colour – but also helps gives you antioxidants which help raise energy levels, increase weight loss, and fight diseases.
Makes 1 jar
- ½ cup cashews or toasted pine nuts
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 3 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 6 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp Zen Matcha Green Tea powder
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Add all the ingredients into a blender, and blend well (for at least a minute). If the pesto is too thick, add a little extra olive oil.
- Season with salt and ground pepper, to taste.
- And enjoy!
- Store in a tightly covered container in a fridge. Use within a week.
Note: It is important you buy the matcha green tea powder from a high quality source so you receive the full health benefits and also so the flavour is not bitter. Low quality matcha can be very bitter. You can buy our Zen Green Tea premium, Japanese matcha green tea powder with free shipping here.
Buy Matcha Green Tea PowderVisit Shop
or 4 payments of $6.13 with Afterpay
or 4 payments of $16.00 with Afterpay
or 4 payments of $30.00 with Afterpay