These matcha green tea & blueberry waffles are so light and fluffy. They are gluten and grain free, so they help you kick off your day feeling great and healthy. We love the colours too – the green from the matcha and blue from the blueberries makes breakfast even more bright and colourful!
Makes 10 waffles.
For the waffles:
- 2 tsp Zen Green Tea Matcha Powder
- 1 ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ⅕ cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ¾ cup frozen blueberries
- ½ cup grapes
- 30g dark chocolate, melted (optional)
- In a bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients – the Zen Green Tea Matcha Powder, flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Add the coconut oil, and then pour in the coconut milk.
- Blend until smooth.
- Preheat the waffle maker, and spray it with a little coconut oil.
- Ladle the waffle mix into the waffle maker and cook until golden brown. (Try not to overfill to keep the shape pretty).
- To serve, drizzle over maple syrup and dark chocolate (if using), and top with blueberries and grapes.
Note: It is important you buy the matcha green tea powder from a high quality source so you receive the full health benefits and also so the flavour is not bitter. Low quality matcha can be very bitter. You can buy Zen Green Tea premium, organic, Japanese matcha green tea powder for the best price in Australia here.
For some other recipes for matcha-inspired breakfasts, you might like: