This iced turmeric tea is a contemporary twist on an old classic! Perfect to cool down in the hot summer days – full of antioxidants, refreshing, and a little kick from the fresh ginger.
Makes 4 cups
- 3 cups water, filtered
- 1/2 sliced lemon
- 1 tsp Zen Turmeric Matcha Tea Mix
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated
- ⅓ tsp cinnamon
- 1 ½ tbsp honey or maple syrup
- Fresh mint leaves
- Ice cubes
- Pour all the ingredients (except those for serving) into a pan, and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes over medium heat, to let the flavours infuse.
- Remove from the heat and cool.
- Pour into glasses filled with ice, and garnish with fresh mint leaves on top.
Note: This recipe uses Zen Green Tea’s Turmeric Matcha Mix which is a handcrafted blend containing turmeric, green tea powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and a hint of black pepper. We recommend using this mix because the ingredients are high quality and blended with the right balance of black pepper which increases the absorption of turmeric antioxidant by up to 2000%.