Crunchy, sweet and loaded with yumminess, Pear and Chocolate Pavlova!
- 4 Egg Whites
- 1¼ cup Sugar
- Pinch of Salt
- ⅓ cup sliced Almonds,
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Pear Halves, drained and syrup reserved
- 1 cup (8 oz) Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1½ cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 oz Powdered Sugar, sifted
- 1 Vanilla Bean, split and seeds removed and reserved
- Zest of ½ Orange
- 2 Teaspoons Zen Green Tea Matcha
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees Celsius. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a very clean and dry bowl, whisk your egg whites with mixer until stiff peaks start to form.
- Slowly start adding the Sugar and Salt and continue to whisk for another 5 – 8 minutes until you have a glossy mixture with firm peaks. If you pinch a bit of the mixture between your fingers and it still feels grainy, then continue to mix for another couple of minutes until it feels smooth.
- On a prepared parchment lined baking sheet, spoon out Meringue mixture and spread around to be about 2 – 3 inches thick. Using the back of the spoon or rubber spatula, “swirl” the top to give it some peaks.
- Bake in the preheated 300F oven and bake for 45 minutes – 1 hour. The outside will crack and the inside will be sticky and slightly soft.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- In a small saucepan, melt the Chocolate with the reserved pear syrup and 1 teaspoon ground ginger until smooth and glossy. Let cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, using a mixer, beat the Whipping Cream, Vanilla seeds and sifted Powdered Sugar and sifted matcha together until soft peaks form. Do not over mix or you will end up with something more like butter.
- In a dry skillet, warm the Almond slivers. Set Aside.
- Cut the Pear Halves into 3 – 4 slices per half.
- Place the cool Meringue on your serving plate and top with half the Matcha Whipped Cream and half the Chocolate.
- Add the pears and top off with the Almond slivers and the remaining Whipped Cream and Chocolate. Grate over the Orange Zest.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Tips: The Meringue base can be made up to 2 days in advance and kept in a dry place, covered. (I kept mine in an airtight container at room temperature). Try to assemble within 2 hours or less of your serving time for best.
Use any fresh berries or fruit in season instead of the Pears and try other types of nuts for a completely new dessert.
Ensure you use high quality matcha – Zen Green Tea offers free shipping and high quality, affordable matcha
Buy Matcha Green Tea PowderVisit Shop
or 4 payments of $7.25 with Afterpay
or 4 payments of $18.50 with Afterpay
or 4 payments of $33.50 with Afterpay